Brody Foreman Electric has built its name on the professional and reliable electrical services it provides local residents. From replacing fuses with proper breaker panels right through to intricate lighting installations and automated electric wiring, our team works efficiently to get the job done right.
Replacing bulbs and ballasts in commercial spaces. Upgrading from flurescent to LED bulbs.
What is an LED Retrofit?
Retrofitting your facility means that you’re adding something new (such as a technology, component, or accessory) that the building didn’t previously have or that wasn’t a part of the original construction. The term “retrofit” is very much a synonym with the term “conversion.” In the case of lighting most retrofits that are happening today are LED lighting retrofits.
Why LED Lighting Retrofits?
LED lights are replacing traditional lighting technology across a wide spectrum of lighting applications. They are useful for interior lighting, exterior lighting, and small lighting in mechanical applications. Basically any application.
How Will I Benefit From An LED Retrofit?
Three main ways:
- Energy efficiency improvements
- Reduction in recurring maintenance costs (both parts and labor
- Improved lighting quality
In some instances there are even govenment programs to help with your LED retrofit program. Read More
What Are The Main Considerations During An LED Retrofit?
LEDs work a little different than most traditional lighting solutions. A few things you’ll need to know when retrofitting your facilities with LEDs include the following:
- Fixtures and luminaires are two different things. If you are looking to keep your present fixtures then you may slightly reduce the compatible conversion options when it comes to bulbs. If you’re replacing both the light and the fixture (housing) then you’ll be able to choose from everything on the market. In either case, most LEDs are made to be compatible with standard fixtures.
- The hardware for dimming LED lights is generally not compatible with traditional lighting solutions. You will need LED dimmers to go along with the new bulbs.
For a very detailed look at LED lighting please contact us for more information
Wiring commercial buildings
We have rewired existing commercial units when new tenants take over, as well as new store spaces. Our commercial experience varies, we have worked on farms, retail stores, marinas, restaurants, and work shops.